Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Counting Loons.

Today's weather was very much improved from yesterday's.  No rain! Yea!!  That meant John could finish his mowing and Judy and I could return to counting Loons for the survey.  We were able to get three locations done today....and we actual saw some Loons.  That made my day.   I really wish I could photograph a Loon but they move too quickly.

Judy identifying some Lesser Scaups. 

While in route from one location to another Judy and I stopped to photograph some White Lady Slippers.  They won't be around very long so we are enjoying them while we can. 



After finishing up with the morning assignment I still had a few hours on my hands so I rode around  and refilled brochures at the kiosks throughout the refuge then checked the restrooms to see it any additional supplies were needed.  During the ride I saw a Ruffed Grouse on the side of the road.  Of course I had to stop and take a picture....or two. 



We are off tomorrow so I hope the weather is nice.  

Laugh everyday.  Happy trails.  Stay safe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment